0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HID Choice

Time Online
    3 d 20 h 45 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kent55 View Post
    Last, if you want your headlight housing to glow a color without your headlights on, try this. (They use to be called City Lights) LUCKY for me & some of us, the tC comes standard with these built in as our parking lights !!! http://www.jcwhitney.com/headlight-l...65&zmap=20505G

Or make your own (which will most likely work better/brighter - because of the one down side to an LED - straight light) A standard 194 size light bulb (not LED) will glow the housing best. (This is built into all tCs) http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13513
    Dammit Kent, nowwww you got me going. xD has those little 194 bulbs stuck in the headlight housing as well. I looked at the wiring diagram and it looks like it would be a piece of cake to wire those two lights to a switch inside the car and be able to turn them on at will, like when the car is parked somewhere at night. A pair of 194 bulbs can't draw much power. I wouldn't want to leave them on all night, but a couple hours shouldn't be enough to kill the battery. And you can get 194s in damn near any color you want. I've actually already got blue bulbs in them. I put them in after installing the HIDs because the stock bulbs looked like dookie next to the HIDs.

Just what I needed...another project. This is all your fault. ;-}

I might work on this on my lunch hour tomorrow. I'll take pics.

D Dave

OS Milestone Whore Award 10k 1_FAST_TC's Avatar
    Time Online
    5 d 4 h 35 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Uh those come on in my tC with the light switch at Half-On? do they not in the xD?

Time Online
    3 d 20 h 45 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FAST_TC View Post
    Uh those come on in my tC with the light switch at Half-On? do they not in the xD?
    They do, but so do all the other marker/tail lights. I'd like to be able to make just these two bulbs come on to illuminate the headlight housings. Looks pretty do-able from the wiring diagram. I'll get a better look at it Friday.

OS Milestone Whore Award 10k 1_FAST_TC's Avatar
    Time Online
    5 d 4 h 35 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ahhhh, gotcha! Good luck

Time Online
    3 d 18 h 17 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have LEDs, (as well as Hunter Greene & others) in 194s in that position.

Pros: They use very little power. The colors are very vivid.

Cons: They burn out from the headlight heat fairly quick. They don't light up the housing as well. THEY DON'T COME IN YELLOW!!!

I like this website for standard bulbs in colors (Yellow for me) http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...?bulb_size=113 and EBAY for LEDs http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparm...&_sop=15&_sc=1

You need an LED that shines from the sides to work half as well as a standard bulb.

Last edited by kent55; 01-28-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Time Online
    6 h 9 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    So I can chage temp of the bulb w/o changing the ballast? as long as i keep same wattage bulb?
    Im looking at the 25000k Kit and adding 6000k Bulbs for most my driving. Just use the 25000k when i dont plan on much night driving and want color over function.
    I miss that my Celica had the 194 bulbs to light the housing.

Time Online
    3 d 18 h 17 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin.c View Post
    So I can chage temp of the bulb w/o changing the ballast? as long as i keep same wattage bulb?
    Im looking at the 25000k Kit and adding 6000k Bulbs for most my driving. Just use the 25000k when i dont plan on much night driving and want color over function.
    I miss that my Celica had the 194 bulbs to light the housing.
    This is correct. HIDs bulbs 4 plugs.
    1 goes to the factory light harness, and 3 go to the ballast - and that's it.
    They all just clip in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12